Common Causes of Vaginal Bleeding:
Several women have to face abnormal vaginal spotting or bleeding at some point in their lives. In this post, we have mentions some common causes of vaginal bleeding. According to studies, vaginal bleeding is abnormal if any of the following occurs:
- When the menstrual is not expected at all for example during pregnancy, before the age of 8 or after the menopause.
- When a woman is not expecting a menstrual period.
- If the flow of menstrual becomes too heavier or lighter.
Most Common Causes of Abnormal Bleeding
The abnormal bleeding of the vagina has different causes. Following are the most common causes of abnormal vaginal bleeding:
- The ovulation might reason the mid-cycle bleeding.
- PCOS is a problem of hormone imbalance. It can collide with the normal ovulation which can cause abnormal bleeding.
- Different medicines can cause abnormal bleeding. These medicines include birth controlling tablets, menstrual delaying pills, etc. A woman can experience minor bleeding during the menstrual period in the first couple of months after starting birth control tablets. The abnormal bleeding might occur if a woman does not take her tablet at the same time every day. Some women use menstrual delaying pills to delay their menstrual period for different reasons like their wedding. These medicines disturb the ovulation and cause abnormal vaginal bleeding.
- IUD is known as an intrauterine device (IUD). It also maximizes the chances of heavy bleeding during menstrual period. However, it usually causes spotting.
- If an infection occurs in any of the pelvic organs including cervix, vagina, uterus, ovaries or fallopian tubes, then it might cause bleeding. Abnormal bleeding can especially take place after douching or sex. There are various types of Sexually Transmitted Infections. Any of these can reason of infection in pelvic organs.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease can also trigger an infection or inflammation in the uterus, ovaries or any other pelvic organ. This infection or inflammation can reason abnormal bleeding.
Less Common Causes of Vaginal Bleeding:
There are a few causes of abnormal vaginal bleeding that might be serious. We have explained below the less common causes of abnormal bleeding:
- Sexual Abuse.
- Placing an object in the vagina.
- Any structural problem the polyps or urethral prolapse.
- Uterine fibroids that are the cause of heavy flow in periods.
- Cancer of any pelvic organ like vagina, uterus, cervix, etc.
- Excessive exercise.
- Extreme emotional stress or tension.
- Diseases like diabetes, hypertension, etc.
After delivery or abortion, many women experience heavy bleeding in the first couple of weeks. It happens because the uterus does not contract to the pre-pregnancy size. It can also happen if the fetal tissue is left in the uterus. If a woman is entering the age of 40 or above, then the abnormal bleeding might mean that they are moving into the perimenopause.
As we have mentioned above the most and less common causes of abnormal bleeding. However, proper treatment is required for all. A treatment of abnormal vaginal bleeding is different for each cause of bleeding. So, you must see a doctor in any of the above conditions.
However, we suggest you to visit our hospital if you find this condition in you. We have Chinese female gynecologist in Lahore, in our hospital. She treats all gynecological disorders through Chinese herbal medicines.