Ovarian cyst or PCOS is a broad sense of the ovarian tumor. Women of all ages can become its victim. But the most commonly this disease is found in females of 20 to 50 years old. Ovarian cancer is a common genital tumor. There are a variety of different nature and shape, namely: side or bilateral, cystic or solid, benign or malignant, of which cystic common, have a certain malignant proportion.
Factors Involve in causing it:
According to statistics, 20% to 25% of patients with ovarian cancer have a family history.
2. Endocrine factors
Ovarian tumors occur in the reproductive age. Many patients with ovarian cyst and PCOS produce too much androgen and the excessive production of androgen is due to abnormality in endocrine system.
3. Lifestyle Factors
Long-term diet, bad living habits, psychological pressure causes this disorder and ovarian real mass.
4. Environmental Factors
Food contamination such as use of vegetables and livestock can be a cause of it. In recent years, China have improved living standards and eating habits in order to prevent this disease from spreading.
The diagnosis of ovarian cyst or PCOS is mostly different from easy to difficult with the size and shape of the tumor. When gynecologist questions about the disease history, then she should not only pay attention to the genital organs history, but also pay attention to the other important organs problem history. The doctors should examine the whole body clinically and physically. So there should body examination instead of gynecological examination. Especially doctors should do abdominal examination because it is also very important. Gynecologist should take help of other auxiliary diagnostic methods if necessary. With the comprehensive analysis and disease history then doctors can get to the correct diagnosis.
The patients may have abdominal mass history, and no serious symptoms or other performance effects on the body. Generally doctors can check the boundaries and activity of the uterus and mass with the diagnosis of visual, touch or both on abdomen.
The treatment of cyst depends on the patient’s age. It also depends on whether cyst is malignant, cyst size and also its growth rate.
1. Surgical Treatment of Benign Cyst
(1) Ovarian cyst resection: This treatment method is mostly use to treat young patients. Doctors try as much as possible to retain the normal ovarian tissues.
(2) Oviduct ovariectomy: This method is used for patients of older age (45 years of age) or postmenopausal patients. It is noteworthy that the treatment of larger cyst should be regardless of the size of the incision to complete removal. During surgery should pay attention to rapid changes in abdominal pressure caused by pulse.
2. Surgical Treatment of Malignant Ovarian Cyst
(1) The majority of the patients didn’t get treatment earlier. When it becomes too late then do everything to remove the cyst. As the ovarian malignant cyst often associated with the uterus, attachment adhesion or infiltration, seamless, and close to the pelvic peritoneum then it leads to ureteral resection.